-I cry farewell oh my beloved
How do i burry you under this sand
-You will no longer be in front of my sight
How do i now stay alone and survive
– The 5th year of Muhammad’s mission
The year when he was taken on his Ascension
Was the same year Allah sent you to earth from the blessed heavens.
– How foolish were the women of Quraysh when Khadija held you in her womb
They criticized her marriage with your father and left her alone, misunderstood.
– But God’s plan was indeed very different
For during your birth when everyone left
he sent 4 women of high status at your service.
– My beloved, Zahra you then opened your eyes
– The Prophet’s joy left him praising God with this surprise.
– In every trip the Prophet would not leave without bidding farewell to you Zahra
– How do i now bid you farewell for I am your Ali, O Fatima.
– When the courageous men couldn’t defend Muhammad against Abu Jahil and his supporters
– You, at a young age shook them with your words and defended you father.
– Once in a calamity, when you heard the news of your father had broken his tooth
You ran from the land of Madina, to wash his face and comfort him in the battle of Uhud.
– I watched your love and attachment grow towards your father
– For that was one of the many reasons I was chosen as your suitor
– From the heavens above, Gibrial announced
The cousin of God’s dearest messenger
-is to be wed with his most precious daughter.
– With happiness I came at your door
– To ask for your hand, and take you as mine once and for all
– Shayness of red, colored my face
And the messenger of God understood my case.
– Your silence was an acceptance for my proposal
-I then stipulated my armor as a dowry and took you as my wife, the daughter of God’s best creation.
– With such high status, as your dowry Gibrail asked what would you like to have in your possession.
– You declined them all and chose to be an intercession for this very nation.
– 9 years had passed, just like your father you too stood with me with every trials and tribulations.
– And now the time had finally come,
The messenger of God was now departing from this world.
– Sadness and grief touched your pure soul and no one understood what was the cause
– Such sufferings had fallen which made even your bright days into dark, gloomy storms.
– To save my rights as the successor you defended me in front of the door.
– The hearts of the oppressors were so darkened that they never thought on who did they throw the burning door upon.
– With broken ribs, you remained silent
Yet this much was not enough and your rights of fadak was taken.
– I now lay you down under this sand
With tears in my eyes I feel the broken ribs upon my hand.
– I hear Hasan, Husain, Zaynab and Kulthoom weep on the floor
-I now have to comfort them all alone
– My dearest Zahra, i ask how do i do this on my own?
– With a heavy heart, I burry your holy body under this land
– I bid you farewell my dearest Zahra, for even after my death I won’t be with you in this holy land.